The best flooring for animals is one which offers comfort, safety and is easy to clean. It also needs to be durable to withstand their sharp nails, shedding hair, dirty paws and smelly accidents.
Pet-friendly flooring can be used both at home and commercially.
There are a variety of options to consider. We’ve broken it down for you.
This is best suited for your backyard or a doggie grooming salon.
- Indoor/outdoor installation
- Great playground for pets: Pet turf is both comfortable for pets to roll around on and durable enough to withstand their rough play.
- The artificial turf will get warmer than natural grass in direct sunlight but can be cooled with the use of a hose.
Rubber flooring has grown increasingly popular in the pet world due to its resilience and durability .
Selected as a top choice amongst pet industry business owners, rubber flooring is the perfect non-slip surface that is easy to keep clean and allows for easy maintenance!
Rubber flooring is suitable for horse stalls, dog kennels, animal shelters and even beneath cat litter boxes.
- Slip-resistant: Rubber flooring provides good traction and footing for animals.
- Comfort and safety: These mats provide a soft cushion for animals
- Non-porous: Rubber mats will not harbor or grow bacteria.
- Durable: Rubber is a highly resistant material that can withstand the weight of heavy animals or heavy foot traffic, resulting in one of the most long-lasting pet flooring options.
- Low maintenance and easy to clean: Simply hose off any dirt or debris to keep your animal mats looking nice.
- Eco-friendly: Most rubber used to make animal mats comes from recycled tires and other materials.
Mats may shift: Rubber horse stall mats will move around unless they’re anchored or secured by interlocking pieces.
Waterproof Vinyl Flooring
Keep your space stylish and functional with luxury vinyl flooring. These can be used in a veterinary office, animal grooming salon or animal hospital.
- Stain- and scratch-resistant flooring: The thick wear layer helps protect your vinyl floors from sharp claws, but you still want to keep your pet’s nails trimmed to be extra careful.
- Easy to clean: A quick wipe and disinfecting of the area will do the trick.
- Quiet underfoot: Vinyl floors help reduce sound.
- Realistic wood and stone looks: If there’s a look you want, you’ll definitely find it. Wood-look vinyl comes in all the colors and finishes as real hardwood floors. Keep your space stylish and functional.
- Less eco-friendly
- More costly
Pet-friendly flooring is an important factor for any commercial pet care building or residential home with pets. Keep your floors looking fresh and your pets happy with comfortable, waterproof flooring.
Contact us at 298-8956 for more information or message