1) HOW DO I CLEAN, MAINTAIN AND PROTECT MY CORK FLOORING?
Do NOT use ammonia-based cleansers or chemicals to clean your cork flooring.
2) PROTECT CORK FLOORING USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Always lift and carry your furniture. Never drag.
- All furniture should have felt pads or non-staining glides or casters. These are also known as protectors.
- Put a doormat at your entry-way to prevent excess dirt from entering into your space.
3) WILL MY CORK FLOORING FADE WHEN EXPOSED TO SUNLIGHT?
Yes, exposure to sunlight, as well as UV light, will cause your cork to lighten. This is normal and should be expected.
The use of curtains or blinds will protect your flooring in this regard.
4) ARE CORK FLOORS AFFECTED BY MOISTURE OR TEMPERATURE ?
Cork floors expand and contract with varying temperatures.
If the area is heated, the cork dries more than usual and this causes it to contract slightly. The opposite happens when it is exposed to excess moisture.
One should note, this also happens with wood flooring. Additionally, while wood flooring expands and contracts with the direction of the grain, this process is dispersed in all directions with cork flooring. As such, it can be said to be more stable than wood flooring in this regard.
These expansions and contractions are barely noticeable once the flooring is properly installed and maintained.